BELGIUM: Rising costs lead to InBev price rises - CEO
InBev is in the process of preparing price increases for its beer brands in the light of "challenging comparables".
The brewer, which is set to release its first quarter results next week, warned earlier this year that it faces "greater challenges" this year, as commodity prices soar and rising inflation puts financial pressure on consumers.
Speaking at the company's annual shareholders meeting yesterday (29 April), Inbev's CEO, Carlos Brito, said that the brewer is looking at its pricing strategy and will implement price increases going forward. Further details of the increases will be unveiled, along with InBev's Q1 results, on 8 May, Brito added.
In 2008, InBev will concentrate on top-line growth, market share performance and brand building, Brito added.
Anheuser-Busch has said that it has agreed a settlement in lawsuits filed by shareholders during the InBev bidding process....
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
InBev has dismissed speculation that is has lined up a high strength brand extension for its Stella Artois beer in the UK....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
[Updated 19:20BST] Grupo Modelo has filed a notice of arbitration against Anheuser-Busch in light of A-B's pending takeover by InBev....
InBev has postponed its rights offering following the recent "unprecedented" volatility on the world's stock markets....
InBev UK is preparing to launch a Christmas media campaign for its Stella Artois 4% brand....
Foster's Wine Estates has announced the appointment of Shawn Schiffer as vice president of National Retail Accounts....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China