SPAIN: Rioja vintage suffers from difficult conditions
The Regulating Council of Rioja has given the thumbs down to the last vintage from the region, classifying it only as 'good', the next-to lowest level of quality. It was a difficult vintage right the way through. Droughts and low temperatures early in the year lead to uneven budding and setting, while frosts in April compounded the problems, giving the smallest crop for ten years. The production total of 195m litres was almost 25% down on the previous year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range