SPAIN: Rioja to open foreign trade offices
Rioja, Spain's most famous wine producing region, is to open commercial offices in Mexico, Germany, the US and Poland during 2002, the Spanish press reported today, in an effort to boost business from the region abroad.
The plan has been drawn up by the Agencia de Desarollo Economico Riojana (ADER) and Spain's Instituto de Comercio Exterior (ICEX).
The first of the offices - which will operate out of existing government trade delegation facilities - is tipped to open in Mexico City.
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch