SPAIN: Rioja exports fall in Q1
Exports of Rioja wine fell 9.5% to €60.8m (US$73.9m) in the first quarter of the year, according to figures released yesterday by La Rioja Wine Exporters' Association.
Volumes also fell in Q1. Around 14.3m litres of Rioja were exported, a 9.45% decrease on the corresponding quarter last year.
On closer inspection, overseas sales of Reserva wines decreased 20.1% to 2.3m litres, while Gran Reserva exports fell 16.2% to 536,419 litres. Exports of Crianza wines, however, increased 2.9% to 4.8m litres.
Sales to the UK were up by 0.9%, but the US market fell by 3.4% while the Swedish market dipped by 8.4%.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban