SPAIN: Rioja exports fall in Q1
Exports of Rioja wine fell 9.5% to €60.8m (US$73.9m) in the first quarter of the year, according to figures released yesterday by La Rioja Wine Exporters' Association.
Volumes also fell in Q1. Around 14.3m litres of Rioja were exported, a 9.45% decrease on the corresponding quarter last year.
On closer inspection, overseas sales of Reserva wines decreased 20.1% to 2.3m litres, while Gran Reserva exports fell 16.2% to 536,419 litres. Exports of Crianza wines, however, increased 2.9% to 4.8m litres.
Sales to the UK were up by 0.9%, but the US market fell by 3.4% while the Swedish market dipped by 8.4%.
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review