SPAIN: Rioja exports down by 2%
By volume, exports were down by 2.34% at 40.7m litres, with exports of young wine down by 7.7% at 20.2m litres. However, export volumes of aged wines rose by 1.0% to 11.9m litres.
Sales to the UK, Rioja's largest market, fell by 3.2% to 10.6m litres while exports to Germany fell by 2.8% to 8.1m litres. However, exports to Switzerland rose by 9% to 4m litres while exports to the US were up by some 20.3% at 3.5m litres.
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly