AUSTRALIA: Rice wine to be produced in Adelaide
Japanese company, Suzuran International is to spend US$2.6m on a full-scale production plant in Australia for traditional Japanese rice wine, Sake.After spending US$570,000 setting up a test plant with the help of G Patritti & Co, the family winery where Two Dogs lemonade was first produced, and a test run of 50,000 bottles, Suzuran has decided to build its new operation in Adelaide and is expecting exports to reach US$4m in the first 3 years.Australian managing director, Yoshi Tatewaki said the company had looked outside Japan because of the high costs of production in the country. Rice is one-tenth of the cost in Australia and yet the finished product could still sell for up to $30 a bottle in Japan.Geoff Patritti, managing director G Patritti & Co, said he had enjoyed working with the Suzuran team and he hoped Suzuran's founders in Japan would consider importing his company's wines.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report