UK: Ribena welcomes Blueberry into stable
GlaxoSmithKline has introduced a Blueberry variant to its Really Light range of Ribena ready-to-drink juice drinks.
Available in April, the drink is targeted at young adults who, according to Anne McCaig, Ribena's category marketing director, "are looking for a more sophisticated adult taste experience". The drink comes in 500ml bottles for on the go consumption.
Blueberries, one of the new generation of "super fruits", are high in antioxidants and vitamin C. Each 500 ml serving contains 100% of the RDA and 15kcal. There is no added sugar or artificial colours.
The launch is being supported by a GBP1.5m (US$2.6m) package including poster advertising and sampling campaigns.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends