UK: Ribena set for GBP8.5m marketing drive
GlaxoSmithKline is to spend GBP8.5m (US$15.9m) on a marketing package for its flagship still juice brand Ribena.
The UK-based company said today (23 October) that it plans to revamp the brand's packaging next year and launch a Superfruit flavour to boost sales. Ribena will be the subject of a fresh TV campaign, the company added.
Ribena marketing director, Anne MacCaig, said: "In 2007 our GBP8.5m marketing campaign will focus on the unique taste of Ribena, celebrating the range of Superfruit flavours that now make it into Ribena and building excitement around the brand amongst retailers and consumers alike."
Ribena is the leading still juice drink in the UK, according to AC Nielsen figures for the year to 9 September.
The fact that bad news travels faster than good, and is certainly more likely to make the headlines, is not lost on UK soft drinks companies, so it is somewhat surprising that the British Soft Drinks ...
For all the facts and figures quoted by marketing strategists, Chris Losh believes that intuition can sometimes be a more powerful weapon than a spreadsheet....
Under its dynamic CEO Scott Miller, fruit punch producer Tampico Beverages is building on a loyal and expanding consumer base with new product launches. In this month's just-drinks interview, Miller d...
UK regional brewer Greene King has launched what it claims to be the first bottled English speciality beer....
Pernod Ricard is toasting a strong performance in the UK off-trade over the Christmas period....
E&J Gallo Winery was the fastest growing wine producer in the UK last year, according to industry figures....
Irish drinks firm C&C Group has expressed its confidence about the future growth of Magners cider despite industry data suggesting sales were slightly down in August and September....
Mexican beer brand Corona has seen sales in the UK leap 30% during the first half of the year, becoming the second-largest premium packaged lager in the country....
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Pernod Ricard on US starting blocks with Havanista
- Diageo to close Maryland bottling site
- A-B InBev GSA head in drink-driving crash
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review