UK: Ribena gives Really Light push
Ribena is launching a UK-wide advertising campaign for its Really Light brand.
The promotion, which first aired this week, centres round a 30-second TV ad, dubbed 'Currant Affairs'. The ad will run on terrestrial TV in the UK throughout July and will appear in cinemas from 3 August until 14 September.
The brand's owner, Glaxo Smith Kline, is spending GBP2m (US$3.67m) on the advertising, as part of an overall media spend for this year of GBP9m.
"Ribena Really Light is refreshing and low in calories so (summer) is an ideal time for us to remind our core consumers - young adults - what Ribena has to offer," said Ribena marketing director, Anne MacCaig, yesterday (4 July). "The new ad - part of an integrated marketing campaign - combines humour and irreverent tone with the Ribena brand's countryside credentials and heritage."
The brand will also benefit from in-store 'buy one get one free' promotions this month, supported by in-store sampling.
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015