UK: Ribena adds chilli kick to repertoire
The UK company GlaxoSmithKline is to launch hot and cold flavoured versions of its flagship carton soft drink Ribena, called OOOOHH and AAARGHH.
The drinks will hit the shelves in March.
Henry Dummer, customer marketing controller, convenience, said: "OOOOHH has a cooling aftertaste, conveying a chilled, relaxed and sophisticated character. AAARGHH, meanwhile, is underscored by a distinct chilli kick, a fiery sensation that's 'in your face', loud and much more punchy."
The launch is being supported by a £1.75m spend, of which £1.1m has been earmarked for TV and cinema advertising to be aired in April; PR; sampling and online marketing.
"The investment is just part of the record £40m we are investing in the Ribena brand this year - once again proving our commitment to an NPD strategy which has at its heart genuine innovation and serious investment. The combination of genuine innovation along with this serious support package will ensure high sales of OOOOHH and AAARGHH without eating into the sales of the core Ribena range," said Dummer.
I'm not one naturally to side with the hugely rich and influential, but I can't help but feel a twinge of sympathy for those members of the Taittinger clan who wanted to keep the family business. Alas...
The last month has seen the launch of two prestige wines from South Africa, not hitherto a region renowned for super-premium offerings. But if these two take off, Chris Losh expects to see more super-...
A new public relations agency has been appointed for two of Coors Brewing Company's beer brands....
Sweden's state-owned retail monopoly Systembolaget is launching an SEK8m (US$960,000) ad campaign to defend its hold on alcohol sales in the country....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Anheuser-Busch is to follow the US launch of its B(E) beer by rolling out the brand in the UK....
Cobra Beer has announced plans to launch Cobra Lower Cal/Lower Carb in the UK....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research