UK: Ribena adds chilli kick to repertoire
The UK company GlaxoSmithKline is to launch hot and cold flavoured versions of its flagship carton soft drink Ribena, called OOOOHH and AAARGHH.
The drinks will hit the shelves in March.
Henry Dummer, customer marketing controller, convenience, said: "OOOOHH has a cooling aftertaste, conveying a chilled, relaxed and sophisticated character. AAARGHH, meanwhile, is underscored by a distinct chilli kick, a fiery sensation that's 'in your face', loud and much more punchy."
The launch is being supported by a £1.75m spend, of which £1.1m has been earmarked for TV and cinema advertising to be aired in April; PR; sampling and online marketing.
"The investment is just part of the record £40m we are investing in the Ribena brand this year - once again proving our commitment to an NPD strategy which has at its heart genuine innovation and serious investment. The combination of genuine innovation along with this serious support package will ensure high sales of OOOOHH and AAARGHH without eating into the sales of the core Ribena range," said Dummer.
I'm not one naturally to side with the hugely rich and influential, but I can't help but feel a twinge of sympathy for those members of the Taittinger clan who wanted to keep the family business. Alas...
The last month has seen the launch of two prestige wines from South Africa, not hitherto a region renowned for super-premium offerings. But if these two take off, Chris Losh expects to see more super-...
A new public relations agency has been appointed for two of Coors Brewing Company's beer brands....
Sweden's state-owned retail monopoly Systembolaget is launching an SEK8m (US$960,000) ad campaign to defend its hold on alcohol sales in the country....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Anheuser-Busch is to follow the US launch of its B(E) beer by rolling out the brand in the UK....
Cobra Beer has announced plans to launch Cobra Lower Cal/Lower Carb in the UK....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research