UK: Rexam to build Red Bull plant
Packaging giant Rexam is planning to build a can making plant in Austria exclusively to serve energy drinks group Red Bull.
The London-listed company said yesterday (1 June) that it would spend over GBP45m (US$83.9m) on the project over the next two years with the site expected to be up and running by the end of 2007. The plant will be built close to the site of Red Bull's filling partner, Rauch, in the Austrian town of Nüziders.
Lars Emilson, Rexam's chief executive, said: "Beverage can making capacity in Europe is very tight and we have seen it stretched to its limits recently. We believe that this situation is likely to continue, given the good growth prospects.
"We have had a long and close relationship with Red Bull. We recently announced the extension of our exclusive contract with them and this wall-to-wall plant is a natural development of that relationship."
Since their introduction 30 years ago, the use of PET bottles has expanded hugely in the soft drinks market, writes Richard Corbett of industry analysts Canadean. But challenges remain, not least boos...
Function Drinks has added to its range of energy drinks in the US through the launch of Alternative Energy....
Energy drinks manufacturer Red Bull told just-drinks today (28 November) that it would be focusing on existing sponsorship deals rather than tying up with German pay TV channel Premiere AG....
A look at this month's new beverage products includes the Cocaine controversy in the US, a newly-sized water targeting men in the UK and a Brazilian octagonally-packaged water....
Energy drink Enviga is expected to prove a hit with the female market, according to Euromonitor International....
Austrian energy drinks firm Red Bull GmbH is reportedly set to partner with German broadcaster Premiere AG for advertising during televised sporting events....
Energy drinks sales in Western Europe are set to soar by 12% this year, according to industry analysts Zenith International....
Soft drinks giant Coca-Cola has launched a line extension to its Full Throttle energy drink brand called Full Throttle Blue Demon....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review