UK/FINLAND: Rexam to build can plant in Finland
The Rexam plant will be situated in Mantsala, south west Finland
Rexam is to build a beverage can plant in Finland as part of a GBP68m (US$105.6m) investment in the country.
The plant will be situated in Mantsala in south-west Finland, forming part of a three-year capital investment plan, the UK-based drinks packaging firm said yesterday (26 September). The facility will have two production lines and a capacity of around 1.35bn 33cl and 50cl aluminium cans annually.
The first line is expected to be operational by the start of 2013 and the second by January 2014.
"The building of the plant will allow Rexam to serve growing customer demand in Finland and the Baltic states in coming years," the company said, "to optimise logistics and to further enhance plant efficiency across its European beverage can network.
"The Nordic market has shown good growth in recent years and Finland itself has experienced a steady transition from glass bottles to can fillings," Rexam added.
Earlier this month, Rexam completed the sale of its speciality closures business to Berry Plastics for $360m.
Rexam has recorded an increase in full-year profits and said that it expects another year of progress in 2012....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report