AUSTRIA: Rexam to boost capacity for Red Bull can production
Rexam's plant in Austria only makes Red Bull cans
The Ludesch plant, which exclusively makes cans for Red Bull’s filling partner Rauch, will see capacity increase from 2bn cans a year to 2.7bn, London-based Rexam said last week. The new line will open late next year, the company said.
“We have a great working relationship with Red Bull and recognise their growing needs as a leading global brand,” Rexam's key account director Guido Klinkhammer said.
Rexam makes a range of can shapes and sizes for Red Bull at the Ludesch plant, it said.
The company posted a net sales rise of 3% in first-half results released in August while operating profits at its beverage can unit jumped by 9%.
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review