AUSTRIA: Rexam to boost capacity for Red Bull can production
Rexam's plant in Austria only makes Red Bull cans
The Ludesch plant, which exclusively makes cans for Red Bull’s filling partner Rauch, will see capacity increase from 2bn cans a year to 2.7bn, London-based Rexam said last week. The new line will open late next year, the company said.
“We have a great working relationship with Red Bull and recognise their growing needs as a leading global brand,” Rexam's key account director Guido Klinkhammer said.
Rexam makes a range of can shapes and sizes for Red Bull at the Ludesch plant, it said.
The company posted a net sales rise of 3% in first-half results released in August while operating profits at its beverage can unit jumped by 9%.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch