AUSTRIA: Rexam to boost capacity for Red Bull can production
Rexam's plant in Austria only makes Red Bull cans
The Ludesch plant, which exclusively makes cans for Red Bull’s filling partner Rauch, will see capacity increase from 2bn cans a year to 2.7bn, London-based Rexam said last week. The new line will open late next year, the company said.
“We have a great working relationship with Red Bull and recognise their growing needs as a leading global brand,” Rexam's key account director Guido Klinkhammer said.
Rexam makes a range of can shapes and sizes for Red Bull at the Ludesch plant, it said.
The company posted a net sales rise of 3% in first-half results released in August while operating profits at its beverage can unit jumped by 9%.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future