AUSTRIA: Rexam to boost capacity for Red Bull can production
Rexam's plant in Austria only makes Red Bull cans
The Ludesch plant, which exclusively makes cans for Red Bull’s filling partner Rauch, will see capacity increase from 2bn cans a year to 2.7bn, London-based Rexam said last week. The new line will open late next year, the company said.
“We have a great working relationship with Red Bull and recognise their growing needs as a leading global brand,” Rexam's key account director Guido Klinkhammer said.
Rexam makes a range of can shapes and sizes for Red Bull at the Ludesch plant, it said.
The company posted a net sales rise of 3% in first-half results released in August while operating profits at its beverage can unit jumped by 9%.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India