US: Rexam strike ends, but bottom line takes US$30m hit
The end of a month-long strike in the US at beverage can company Rexam has hit the firm's bottom line to the tune of US$29.7m.
Rexam confirmed to just-drinks today (10 May) that a strike at nine of its can production facilities came to an end on Tuesday. The company had been taken to task by members of the United Steelworkers union in the country.
"There had been two rejected tentative agreements," the spokesperson said. "Although the union leadership had agreed, the rank and file members rejected it." The strike, which was over retiree and medical benefits, started on 19 April.
"We're happy it's all over," the spokesperson continued. "Our main concern had been that our customers weren't affected by the strike. We do have inventory, and production continued throughout the strike, albeit at a reduced rate."
Rexam has a total of 15 can production sites in the US.
Rexam has unveiled plans to build a new aluminium beverage can plant in Denmark....
Rexam has fallen foul of the Russian authorities over its proposed purchase of beverage can maker Rostar in the country....
Beverage can company Rexam has posted a slide in first-half profits....
Rexam Beverage Can North America has laid out plans to increase its production capacity for 24oz cans by the first quarter of 2008....
Rexam has agreed to buy Russian beverage can maker, Rostar....
Rexam has formed a joint venture with Mexican packaging firm Envases Universales....
Rexam is selling its entire glass business. The consumer packaging and beverage can maker, said today (12 March) that it has agreed to divest its glass business to Ardagh Glass Group for GBP449m (US$8...
Rexam has adapted to the changing demands for speciality cans in the US....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research