CZECH: Rexam readies Fusion production for Czech
Rexam Beverage Can has lined up full production of its Fusion aluminium bottle at its plant in Czech for the first quarter of 2010.
The first Fusion production line will be located at Rexam's Ejpovice plant, near Prague in the country, with a first year capacity of 60m units, the company said earlier this week.
Capacity at the sight is projected to increase to around 120m units over time, prior to expansion of production of Fusion around the rest of the world.
Both the standard 33cl and 25cl Fusion bottles will be produced on the line, with all three closure types - ROPP (re-sealable), MaxiP Crown and Standard Crown - available.
The company's 'Illustration Impact' system, which allows photo-like images to be printed on to the can, will be standard for the bottle type, with gloss and matt finishes available as well as a white basecoat. Rexam said it plans to introduce the full spectrum of ink and varnishes to the bottle offering in due course.
"The Fusion aluminium bottle gives us a fantastic opportunity to create a whole new category of beverage packaging," said Tomas Sjölin, sector director at Rexam Beverage Can. "Consumers love cold, refreshing drinks for which the beverage can is renowned, but they also like the style of the bottle. Fusion brings together the benefits of the can and the bottle to enhance the drinking experience and add value to brands."
Rexam has been working in partnership with specific contract fillers who will be able to fill Fusion bottles on their existing lines, offering customers the option of launching Fusion without having to use their own filling lines.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US