UK: Rexam packaging sale gets EC approval
The UK drink can manufacturer Rexam plc is to sell its beverage can plants at Runcorn in the UK and its factory in France to the German company Schmalbach-Lubeca under a deal approved yesterday by the European Commission. Brussels said it had no concerns about competition. The sales are a condition of last year's deal under which Rexam acquired American National Can. Sale of a third Rexam plant, at Gelsenkirchen in Germany, is under scrutiny by the Commission.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL