UK: Rexam packaging sale gets EC approval
The UK drink can manufacturer Rexam plc is to sell its beverage can plants at Runcorn in the UK and its factory in France to the German company Schmalbach-Lubeca under a deal approved yesterday by the European Commission. Brussels said it had no concerns about competition. The sales are a condition of last year's deal under which Rexam acquired American National Can. Sale of a third Rexam plant, at Gelsenkirchen in Germany, is under scrutiny by the Commission.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down