UK: Rexam packaging sale gets EC approval
The UK drink can manufacturer Rexam plc is to sell its beverage can plants at Runcorn in the UK and its factory in France to the German company Schmalbach-Lubeca under a deal approved yesterday by the European Commission. Brussels said it had no concerns about competition.
The sales are a condition of last year's deal under which Rexam acquired American National Can. Sale of a third Rexam plant, at Gelsenkirchen in Germany, is under scrutiny by the Commission.
The European Beverage Consumption Manual 2001
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research