UK: Rexam invests in wine canning technology
Rexam has worked with filling partner, DIS, to upgrade its filling equipment in the UK for packaging Wild Pelican wine in cans.
The UK-based drinks packaging giant has installed equipment that offers a "smoother and more precise" filling technique, it said. The technology was fitted at the end of last year and is now fully functional following a testing period, Rexam said yesterday (5 July).
Can sizes will include slim 20cl, 25cl and 33cl.
The equipment filters the wine before it is canned. It also maintains the mineral and oxygen levels within the wine, Rexam said.
Wild Pelican's managing director, Christiaan Huisman, said: "We have been placing our wine in cans since 2008 and believe it is a great concept, and the support we have had from Rexam and DIS has been fantastic."
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"