US: Rexam invests in Mexico beverage can joint venture
Rexam has formed a joint venture with Mexican packaging firm Envases Universales.
The beverage can company said today (1 June) that the deal offers up a 50% stake in a recently-built beverage can plant in Guatemala. The joint venture represents a cash investment for Rexam of US$24m.
The greenfield plant, located in Amatitlan, Guatemala, was completed in December and has a current production capacity of approximately 1bn cans.
"It gives us a firmer foothold in this growing region and enables us to fulfill our commitments to global and national customers on a local basis," said Rexam's CEO Leslie Van de Walle.
Last month, Rexam said that the end of a month-long strike in the US has hit the firm's bottom line to the tune of US$29.7m. The company had been taken to task by members of the United Steelworkers union at nine of its can production facilities in the country.
Rexam has unveiled plans to build a new aluminium beverage can plant in Denmark....
Rexam has fallen foul of the Russian authorities over its proposed purchase of beverage can maker Rostar in the country....
Beverage can company Rexam has posted a slide in first-half profits....
Rexam Beverage Can North America has laid out plans to increase its production capacity for 24oz cans by the first quarter of 2008....
Rexam has agreed to buy Russian beverage can maker, Rostar....
The end of a month-long strike in the US at beverage can company Rexam has hit the firm's bottom line to the tune of US$29.7m....
Rexam is selling its entire glass business. The consumer packaging and beverage can maker, said today (12 March) that it has agreed to divest its glass business to Ardagh Glass Group for GBP449m (US$8...
Rexam has adapted to the changing demands for speciality cans in the US....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India