US: Republic National Distributing Co appoints Control States exec VP
- Joe Gigliotti earns a promotion
- Reports in to Sim Byrd, president of Control States at RNDC
With 29 years in the drinks industry, Gigliotti was previously president of RNDC's Virginia operations.
The US has 18 Control States, where the state authorities hold a monopoly on the wholesaling and/or retailing of alcohol. The list contains Alabama, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Earlier this year, RNDC expanded the coverage of two of its region presidents. Tom White, who became region president for RNDC Florida, Maryland and Washington DC in May, will also cover Virginia and South Carolina.
Jay Johnson who was also appointed region president of RNDC Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana in May, will now also head up operations in Colorado and National Distributing Company–New Mexico.
Republic National Distributing Company Announces Executive Vice President for Control States
GRAND PRAIRIE - (June 18, 2012)
Republic National Distributing Company, one of the largest premium wine and spirits wholesale distributors in America, announced today a new leader as part of the Control States management team. Bob Hendrickson, Executive Vice President of RNDC, announced today that Joe Gigliotti has been promoted to Executive Vice President of RNDC Control States.
Commenting on the new role, Bob Hendrickson said, “RNDC continues to demonstrate its commitment to establish the finest sales leadership team in the industry that will result in a more effective market focus. Over the next year, Joe will partner directly with the various state sales teams and ABC commissioners to ensure our business practices are consistently executed to our high standards. Under Joe’s leadership, RNDC will continue to deliver the best service in the industry to our customers and suppliers.”
Joe joined the sales leadership team at RNDC in June 1999 as President of the RNDC Virginia market. He has been responsible for strategically aligning the portfolio around key supplier partners through brand trades and acquisitions. In addition, under his leadership the market has attained organic sales growth in double digits over the last few years. Joe’s ability to recognize, develop, and align the market talent has resulted in an innovative and proactive results-driven sales organization. As such, RNDC is excited about Joe’s new role in the Control States in which his strategic leadership will improve brand performance and engage the sales teams to deliver positive and impactful business results.
Joe has more than 29 years of industry experience. Prior to joining RNDC Virginia, he spent 11 years with Forman Brothers, Inc. of Washington, DC serving in numerous leadership including Gallo positions and Fine Wine sales management roles. His progressive career track included the Vice President/General Sales Manager role for four years with Forman Distributing Company of Virginia. In that role, he successfully introduced wine category management to the Virginia market and restructured the traditional sales hierarchy into separate sales execution and marketing teams. As the NDC Northern Virginia President/General Manager, Joe was instrumental in the transitioning of Forman, Inc. from a local family-owned business to a high-growth company that became part of a ten state distribution network.
Joe will report directly to Sim Byrd, RNDC President Control States and will remain based in Richmond, Virginia.
Original source: RNDC
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets