US: Republic Beverage Co. makes Texas appointment
Republic Beverage Company has appointed a president to head its operations in Texas.
The US wine and spirits wholesale distributor said yesterday (2 May) that Jay Johnson had been promoted to the position from executive vice president of the South Texas market. Johnson has been with Republic for 15 years.
"I look forward to working with Jay and watching him grow the Texas market," said Bob Hendrickson, Republic's president of Open States.
Prior to joining Republic, Johnson worked for E&J Gallo in Texas. Johnson assumes the position from 1 June. Republic has begun a search for his replacement as vice president.
Republic operates in ten states in the US.
Having been something of a European institution for years, the end of duty-free, the lowering of some Nordic duty rates and cheaper prices in domestic supermarkets have combined to reduce the allure o...
The UK market is developing in terms of sales and sophistication. Drawing on up-to-the-minute consumer research, Alex McPhee, Neville Calvert and David Matthews of management consultants, KPMG, examin...
E&J Gallo has appointed a vice-president and general manager for its international business unit....
Reports have suggested that the Canadian wine company Vincor International Inc., currently the subject of a hostile takeover bid by Constellation Brands, is in talks with at least five prospective bid...
Gallo has finally reached an agreement with the union United Farm Workers, after around two years of talks....
Thresher has selected E&J Gallo to produce its own-label California wine range....
Heineken USA has appointed a new general manager for its Central Region....
E&J Gallo winery is launching its first French wine brand, Red Bicyclette, in the UK....
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends