UK: Report highlights economics of Scotch industry
The Scottish distilling industry contributes £1.6 billion in duty and tax to the UK Exchequer and supports 68,000 jobs (11,000 directly) in the UK, according to a report unveiled in Glasgow today. Distillers spend £1 billion a year with suppliers and are presently investing in excess of £100m in new production and tourist facilities which backs up the industry's annual export of one billion bottles of Scotch.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits