US: Remy USA appoints sales strategy boss
Remy Cointreau USA has appointed Xavier Desaulles as senior vice president - sales strategy. In this role, he will be charged with organising Remy Cointreau USA's wholesaler network and implementing the changes resulting from Remy's distributor alliance with Bacardi and Brown-Forman.
"Mr Desaulles re-joins Remy Cointreau USA with incredible knowledge and understanding of the global drinks business. His considerable experience makes him a perfect candidate for this key strategic role, enabling him to quickly develop and implement our distributor partnership objectives," said Tom Jensen, president and CEO, Remy Cointreau USA.
Desaulles joins Remy Cointreau USA from Remy Cointreau SA in Paris, France where he was the director of business development, leading the development of a new distribution organisation as the group prepares to exit Maxxium in April 2009.
Desaulles was formerly a member of the Remy Martin Cognac marketing team in the US before moving on to take the position as senior consultant in the consumer and retail practice at AT Kearney in France.
"I am excited with the challenges set before me in my new role at Remy Cointreau USA. I am convinced that the new distributor alliance set-up with our partners will deliver superior growth on our premium portfolio of brands," said Desaulles.
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Russian Standard Vodka has signed a partnership deal with French distribution company Lixir....
Remy Cointreau is winding up the celebrations of Metaxa's 120th anniversary with the launch of a limited edition version of the Greek spirit....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Bacardi is offering consumers the chance to be in the passenger seat next to Michael Schumacher, the Formula One racing driver, on a racetrack circuit, as part of its responsible drinking campaign....
Russian Standard has confirmed that it has taken independent control of its distribution in the US....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a slight lift in operating profit for the first half of its fiscal year....
Pernod Ricard has refused to be drawn on reports claiming that it is considering the sale of its coffee liqueur brand Tia Maria....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research