FRANCE: Remy turnover up despite fall in wines
The company released a profits warning after the US attacks on the September as almost 40% of its revenues are generated in the US. It reduced its forecast for pre-exceptional net profit growth to 5-10% for its 2001-02 results.
For the nine months up to 31st of December, like-for-like turnover was €790.5m (US$687m), stable across most activities.
However Champagne and wine saw a fall of 30% in sales from €132.4m to €92.7m. Cognac sales were also hit by the decline in duty free business. They fell 1.4% to €300.2m down from €304.3m.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Remy Cointreau is looking to restructure its Champagne business, according to local reports....
Remy Cointreau has had its investor rating raised....
Remy Cointreau has posted a drop in full year net profit in spite of increasing revenues....
Remy Cointreau has signed a five-year credit facility for around €500m....
Remy Cointreau has gone to holders of one of its bonds to gain permission to complete the sale of its stake in Bols....
Remy Cointreau has posted a slight rise in revenue growth for fiscal year 2005....
The Polish unit of Remy Cointreau has pulled out of the race for a majority stake in Polmos Bialystok....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits