FRANCE: Remy Martin CEO follows Remy Cointreau chief out of the door
Remy Cointreau has lost another senior executive
Remy Cointreau has confirmed to just-drinks that the CEO of its Remy Martin Cognac division will step down from the position.
Patrick Piana, who has headed up the unit since he joined Remy Cointreau in 2009, will leave at the end of January, a spokesperson said earlier today (23 January). His departure follows three weeks after group CEO Frédéric Pflanz tendered his resignation, having only held the position for three months.
Piana is leaving the company "to explore new horizons", the spokesperson said. "Remy Cointreau regrets the departure of Mr Piana. We would like to thank him for his achievements over the last five years.
A replacement will be appointed “soon”, the spokesperson concluded.
The group, which has seen sales of Remy Martin in China struggle in the last year, posted double-digit falls in Q3 and YTD sales earlier this week.
For just-drinks' two-part interview with Piana, which was published in July, 2012, click here.
Spirits in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also conta...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during December 2013....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global wine market during December 2013....
Plimsoll’s Wineries & Distillers (Global) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Wineries & Distillers (Global) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and uses both ...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts