UK: Remy Cointreau’s Piper-Heidsieck to sponsor boat show
The company announced today (8 September) that Piper-Heidsieck, which is distributed in the UK by First Drinks, will be the sole Champagne supplier for the event, which will feature a branded bar - The Piper-Heidsieck Champagne and Seafood Bar - open throughout the ten-day show.
A glass of Champagne will be offered to visitors who enter the Ladies Day "Dress to Impress" contest.
Victor Lanson, marketing controller for Champagne at First Drinks said: "By propelling the brand to such an appropriate audience at this year's Southampton Boat Show, we hope to encourage increased trial of Piper-Heidsieck.
"At a time when Champagne is going through a challenging time, it is vital to keep the category front of mind with consumers. This exciting sponsorship deal will allow us to reinforce our top-end positioning and is an ideal high profile platform for us to reach our target audience."
The announcement is one of a number of sponsorships the brand has invested in this year. In June the brand sponsored the Concours International des Jeunes Sommeliers as part of a three-year deal.
Remy Cointreau plans to cut around a quarter of jobs at Champagne division Piper-Heidsieck, following a tough time for Champagne in the economic downturn....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends