Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: Remy Cointreau's Metaxa 12 Stars
Click through to view Remy Cointreau's Metaxa 12 Stars
Category - Spirits, liqueur, wine-based, 40% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Global travel retail, initially exclusively at Paris Charles de Gaulle
Price - EUR30 (US$42.70) in duty free, EUR34.80 duty paid per 70cl bottle
Distribution - Remy Cointreau Global Travel Retail
Metaxa 12 Stars will be available exclusively in global travel retail, starting with a three-month “visibility and tasting” campaign at Paris Charles de Gaulle Terminals 2E and 2F2 and at Paris Roissy Terminal 1.
The 12 Stars variant has been aged for 12 years.
In addition, travel retail operator Aelia will offer the Metaxa 5 Stars 20cl flask and Metaxa 7 Stars 1-litre in its Paris CDG stores, at Paris Orly and in other Aelia locations in France, the UK, Poland, the Czech Republic, Ireland and Spain.
The activity is being supported by a set of “visibility tools” and staff training initiatives internationally.
Metaxa is a blend of aged wine distillates and live Muscat wine from the Aegean islands.
The spirits category is up next in this, the third part of just-drinks' first management briefing of 2012. Here, Spiros Malandrakis and Jeremy Cunnington, alcoholics drinks analysts at Euromonitor Int...
The final part of just-drinks' December management briefing, looking back over the past 12 months, reviews what 2011 meant for the global wine industry. Ben Cooper reports....
Cognac sales ahead of Chinese New Year have driven Remy Cointreau to a strong sales increase in the first nine months of its fiscal year....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends