Remy Cointreau's Bruichladdich The Laddie Eight - Product Launch
Remy Cointreau's Bruichladdich Eight
Remy Cointreau's Bruichladdich The Laddie Eight
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, single malt, 50% abv
Available - From next month
Location - Global Travel Retail
Price - SRP of EUR59 (US$66) per 70cl bottle
Remy Cointreau has released an eight-year-old version of its Bruichladdich Scotch whisky into the Global Travel Retail channel. The unpeated "Laddie Eight" is younger than Bruichladdich's core ten-year-old. and the company said the new release attempts to undermine the "myth that the older a whisky gets, the better it becomes".
Remy is also releasing Bruichladdich's Port Charlotte 2007 CC:01, the latest expression in the Port Charlotte range. The "heavily-peated" malt is a single vintage and will be available in global Travel Retail from April.
Remy bought Bruichladdich for GBP58m (US$90m) in September 2012. In the company's recent first-half results, it said growth for the Bruichladdich brands was driven by new account listings in the unit's target markets of Global Travel Retail, the US, Japan, France, Germany and Belgium.
Plimsoll Publishing’s Wine Producers (GLOBAL) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Wine Producers (GLOBAL) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 650 companies, ...
In his latest commentary for just-drinks, former drinks analyst Ian Shackleton considers the tobacco model for drinks companies. He also gives us his tip of the stock to watch in 2017....
Plimsoll Publishing’s Wineries & Distillers (GLOBAL) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Wineries & Distillers (GLOBAL) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 1...
Yesterday, Remy Cointreau posted a strong jump in YTD sales driven by impressive Cognac Q3 performances in China and the US. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's sales performance by...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts