FRANCE/INDIA: Remy Cointreau turns spotlight on India
Remy Cointreau will be keen to ease its reliance on China in Asia
Remy Cointreau has confirmed to just-drinks that it is looking to up its presence in India's high-end spirits markets, through a partnership with Sula Vineyards in the country.
The French company, which made its initial entry into India two-and-a-half years ago, was reported over the weekend to be increasing its distribution into luxury hotels, social clubs and retail outlets. In recruiting Sula to handle the distribution of its spirits portfolio in the country, Remy Cointreau is targeting tie-ups with premium hotels in India's major cities.
A spokesperson for Remy Cointreau confirmed the reports when contacted by just-drinks today (11 February). While the country's current contribution to Remy's sales is “not significant”, the spokesperson said the firm has “a lot of ambition” for India.
The Sula partnership has been named Remy Cointreau India, the spokesperson added.
The firm will be keen to broaden its Asian presence: It is heavily reliant in the region on China, where its Remy Martin brand is the market leader in the country's Cognac sector.
Remy Cointreau is set to release its fiscal full-year sales results on 18 April.
Baijiu makers should brace for a 20% drop in profits, at least, as the Chinese Government's corruption crackdown curbs corporate entertainment budgets, according to a new report. ...
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review