FRANCE/INDIA: Remy Cointreau turns spotlight on India
Remy Cointreau will be keen to ease its reliance on China in Asia
Remy Cointreau has confirmed to just-drinks that it is looking to up its presence in India's high-end spirits markets, through a partnership with Sula Vineyards in the country.
The French company, which made its initial entry into India two-and-a-half years ago, was reported over the weekend to be increasing its distribution into luxury hotels, social clubs and retail outlets. In recruiting Sula to handle the distribution of its spirits portfolio in the country, Remy Cointreau is targeting tie-ups with premium hotels in India's major cities.
A spokesperson for Remy Cointreau confirmed the reports when contacted by just-drinks today (11 February). While the country's current contribution to Remy's sales is “not significant”, the spokesperson said the firm has “a lot of ambition” for India.
The Sula partnership has been named Remy Cointreau India, the spokesperson added.
The firm will be keen to broaden its Asian presence: It is heavily reliant in the region on China, where its Remy Martin brand is the market leader in the country's Cognac sector.
Remy Cointreau is set to release its fiscal full-year sales results on 18 April.
Baijiu makers should brace for a 20% drop in profits, at least, as the Chinese Government's corruption crackdown curbs corporate entertainment budgets, according to a new report. ...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018