FRANCE/INDIA: Remy Cointreau turns spotlight on India
Remy Cointreau will be keen to ease its reliance on China in Asia
Remy Cointreau has confirmed to just-drinks that it is looking to up its presence in India's high-end spirits markets, through a partnership with Sula Vineyards in the country.
The French company, which made its initial entry into India two-and-a-half years ago, was reported over the weekend to be increasing its distribution into luxury hotels, social clubs and retail outlets. In recruiting Sula to handle the distribution of its spirits portfolio in the country, Remy Cointreau is targeting tie-ups with premium hotels in India's major cities.
A spokesperson for Remy Cointreau confirmed the reports when contacted by just-drinks today (11 February). While the country's current contribution to Remy's sales is “not significant”, the spokesperson said the firm has “a lot of ambition” for India.
The Sula partnership has been named Remy Cointreau India, the spokesperson added.
The firm will be keen to broaden its Asian presence: It is heavily reliant in the region on China, where its Remy Martin brand is the market leader in the country's Cognac sector.
Remy Cointreau is set to release its fiscal full-year sales results on 18 April.
Baijiu makers should brace for a 20% drop in profits, at least, as the Chinese Government's corruption crackdown curbs corporate entertainment budgets, according to a new report. ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research