FRANCE: Remy Cointreau to raise EUR65m from bond issue
The group is aiming to raise EUR65m from the bonds
Remy Cointreau has issued EUR65m (US$86.3m) worth of ten-year bonds.
The bonds, announced yesterday (13 August), have a fixed 4% coupon and are listed on the NYSE Euronext Brussels market, the Paris-based company said. The funds will allow the group to “strengthen its resources and extend its debt maturity”, it said.
The bonds, issued by Remy's Financière Rémy Cointreau SA/NV subsidiary, were placed with a “limited number of international institutional investors”.
Last month, the group reported a slip in first-quarter sales as a crackdown on gifting to civil servants and a ban on alcohol at luxury banquets in China took its toll.
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
As one would expect, yesterday's news that Remy Cointreau's CEO, Frederic Pflanz, has stepped down after just three months in the role hit the French company's share price this morning....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research