FRANCE: Remy Cointreau to invest EUR30m in Remy Martin facilities
Remy Cointreau is the latest company to invest in its Cognac production operations
Rémy Cointreau has lined up a EUR30m (US$38.7m) investment to increase the production capacity for its Cognac brand, Rémy Martin.
The company confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (29 May) that the move will result in capacity being upped by 30% over the next five years. The news follows Moet Hennessy's decision earlier this week to spend an undisclosed amount on a second bottling plant in the region.
Rémy Martin's site on the outskirts of Cognac has undergone a 4,200 square-metre extension and is expected to enter service this autumn.
While the number of production lines is set to be reduced from 12 to 10, they will offer far greater flexibility than the existing ones being able to accommodate both bottle and carafe packaging formats. They will also allow work to be organised around two daily shifts instead of a single one currently.
The company also intends to construct a new storage facility in Cognac, with a capacity of 40,000 hectolitres.
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Belgium beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and a...
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research