FRANCE: Remy Cointreau to invest EUR30m in Remy Martin facilities
Remy Cointreau is the latest company to invest in its Cognac production operations
Rémy Cointreau has lined up a EUR30m (US$38.7m) investment to increase the production capacity for its Cognac brand, Rémy Martin.
The company confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (29 May) that the move will result in capacity being upped by 30% over the next five years. The news follows Moet Hennessy's decision earlier this week to spend an undisclosed amount on a second bottling plant in the region.
Rémy Martin's site on the outskirts of Cognac has undergone a 4,200 square-metre extension and is expected to enter service this autumn.
While the number of production lines is set to be reduced from 12 to 10, they will offer far greater flexibility than the existing ones being able to accommodate both bottle and carafe packaging formats. They will also allow work to be organised around two daily shifts instead of a single one currently.
The company also intends to construct a new storage facility in Cognac, with a capacity of 40,000 hectolitres.
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Belgium beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and a...
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly