FRANCE: Remy Cointreau to invest EUR30m in Remy Martin facilities
Remy Cointreau is the latest company to invest in its Cognac production operations
Rémy Cointreau has lined up a EUR30m (US$38.7m) investment to increase the production capacity for its Cognac brand, Rémy Martin.
The company confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (29 May) that the move will result in capacity being upped by 30% over the next five years. The news follows Moet Hennessy's decision earlier this week to spend an undisclosed amount on a second bottling plant in the region.
Rémy Martin's site on the outskirts of Cognac has undergone a 4,200 square-metre extension and is expected to enter service this autumn.
While the number of production lines is set to be reduced from 12 to 10, they will offer far greater flexibility than the existing ones being able to accommodate both bottle and carafe packaging formats. They will also allow work to be organised around two daily shifts instead of a single one currently.
The company also intends to construct a new storage facility in Cognac, with a capacity of 40,000 hectolitres.
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Belgium beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and a...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review