FRANCE: Remy Cointreau to invest EUR30m in Remy Martin facilities
Remy Cointreau is the latest company to invest in its Cognac production operations
Rémy Cointreau has lined up a EUR30m (US$38.7m) investment to increase the production capacity for its Cognac brand, Rémy Martin.
The company confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (29 May) that the move will result in capacity being upped by 30% over the next five years. The news follows Moet Hennessy's decision earlier this week to spend an undisclosed amount on a second bottling plant in the region.
Rémy Martin's site on the outskirts of Cognac has undergone a 4,200 square-metre extension and is expected to enter service this autumn.
While the number of production lines is set to be reduced from 12 to 10, they will offer far greater flexibility than the existing ones being able to accommodate both bottle and carafe packaging formats. They will also allow work to be organised around two daily shifts instead of a single one currently.
The company also intends to construct a new storage facility in Cognac, with a capacity of 40,000 hectolitres.
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
This is the second edition of our popular ranking of the world's leading spirits brands....
2013 was a transformative year for Edrington as it severed its 28-year distribution agreement with Rémy Cointreau to take direct control over its own distribution network in the US. This is a key move...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk