FRANCE: Remy Cointreau to invest EUR30m in Remy Martin facilities
Remy Cointreau is the latest company to invest in its Cognac production operations
Rémy Cointreau has lined up a EUR30m (US$38.7m) investment to increase the production capacity for its Cognac brand, Rémy Martin.
The company confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (29 May) that the move will result in capacity being upped by 30% over the next five years. The news follows Moet Hennessy's decision earlier this week to spend an undisclosed amount on a second bottling plant in the region.
Rémy Martin's site on the outskirts of Cognac has undergone a 4,200 square-metre extension and is expected to enter service this autumn.
While the number of production lines is set to be reduced from 12 to 10, they will offer far greater flexibility than the existing ones being able to accommodate both bottle and carafe packaging formats. They will also allow work to be organised around two daily shifts instead of a single one currently.
The company also intends to construct a new storage facility in Cognac, with a capacity of 40,000 hectolitres.
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
2013 was a transformative year for Edrington as it severed its 28-year distribution agreement with Rémy Cointreau to take direct control over its own distribution network in the US. This is a key move...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research