Remy Cointreau strikes Canada deal with Glazer's
Remy Cointreau has agreed a deal with Glazer's Canadian unit
Remy Cointreau is handing distribution of its portfolio in Canada to Glazer's.
The Paris-headquartered group has agreed a deal that will see Glazer's Canada have the nation-wide rights for its range of brands from 1 June. Financial and time-scale terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The agreement covers brands including Louis XIII and Remy Martin Cognacs, St Remy French brandy, Mount Gay rums, Cointreau orange liqueur, Bruichladdich Scotch whisky and Metaxa.
Suriya Parksuwan, Remy Cointreau's North America CEO, said: "Glazer's has assembled a team of proven industry veterans who know how to build super-premium brands in Canada. This, along with their strong operating standards, gives us a solid route-to-market to support our brands in Canada."
It is not immediately clear who currently handles Remy's brands in Canada.
In half-year results, reported in October, the French group saw its sales slide 15.5%. However, its St Rémy brand was among those to see growth, led by its performance in Canada.
It is late afternoon on what has been a long day. But, Mark Reynier, formerly the head of Bruichladdich and now founder of Renegade Spirits, still has the energy to vent his grievances over the Irish ...
Yesterday, Gruppo Campari announced plans to take over Marnier-Lapostolle in a deal worth US$761.4m. In the notes that followed, analysts have hailed the deal not only for the geographical boost it wi...
In a trading update today, Remy Cointreau posted an 8% lift in reported sales for the nine months to the end of December. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's sales performance by br...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends