US: Remy Cointreau signs US import deal with Barone Ricasoli
Remy Cointreau USA has entered into an agreement with Barone Ricasoli to become the exclusive importer of its Tuscan wines across the US.
The company said on Friday (16 November) that the deal includes Barone Ricasoli's portfolio of wines, including its Chianti brands.
Barone Ricasoli's owner and managing director Francesco Ricasoli said: "We're confident that this partnership between Barone Ricasoli and Remy Cointreau USA, a multinational company with European roots and an American drive, is the beginning of a new era that will allow us to communicate our philosophy and identity to our consumers, contributing to the mutual success of both companies."
Remy Cointreau USA president and CEO Thomas Jensen added: "My team is very excited to work with such an outstanding winery and implement our extensive experience with Tuscan wines as we continue to build upon this portfolio."
Pernod Ricard's victory in the race to buy Vin & Sprit has sent shockwaves across the global spirits industry, whilst also throwing up a vast array of questions. In a spotlight special, Jessica Harvey...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has confirmed plans to end its distribution deal with Remy Cointreau across southern central European markets....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a slight lift in full-year turnover. The French Champagne and spirits group said today (17 April) that organic growth for the 12 months to 31 March came in 9.7% % up year-on-...
Maxxium has said that "nothing will change" at the distributor, following this week's announcement that Pernod Ricard is to buy Vin & Sprit....
Italian wines and spirits group Campari is considering a capital increase to fund a major acquisition, and feels the privatisation of V&S Group could provide it with possible acquisition targets, acco...
Champagne house Piper-Heidsieck is moving from its original base in Reims' Boulevard Vasnier, which it has occupied since 1870, to a new HQ and production facilities at the Allée du Vignoble, on the e...
US spirits company Castle Brands has appointed John Glover as senior vice president of marketing....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends