RUSSIA: Remy Cointreau readies Mount Gay for Russia via Roust Inc
Roust Inc has started distributing three more Remy Cointreau spirits brands in Russia this week
Rémy Cointreau is preparing to launch its Mount Gay rum, St Remy a la Crème and Passoa liqueurs and Charles Heidsieck Champagne brands in Russia, as it extends its partnership with Roust Inc in the country.
The two companies confirmed earlier today (10 October) that Roust will begin distributing the four brands in Russia from this week. Roust, which is part of the same business empire as Russian Standard vodka, has handled distribution of Rémy's Rémy Martin Cognac, Louis XIII Cognac and Piper Heidsieck Champagne in Russia since 2006.
“We … have great expectations for Mount Gay Rum, St Remy a la Crème, Passoa and Charles Heidsieck,” said Vladimir Filiptsev, CEO of Roust. “They will provide us with a possibility to enter the growing market of rum and improve our market share in the liquor category.”
As well as distributing the brands, Roust will provide marketing support for promotions in the country.
Roust and Rémy previously worked together in the US, where Remy distributed Russian Standard until mid-2008.
In May this year, Rémy sold its Champagne business to France's Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles (EPI), but it retained global distribution rights on the brands.
The spirits category is up next in this, the third part of just-drinks' first management briefing of 2012. Here, Spiros Malandrakis and Jeremy Cunnington, alcoholics drinks analysts at Euromonitor Int...
The first part of Chris Mercer's interview with Cecile Bonnefond, CEO of Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles' Champagne unit, ended with the Champagne veteran holding forth on the need ...
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends