FRANCE: Remy Cointreau hands staff share windfall in M&A "absence"
Remy Cointreau sees no acquisitions on the horizon
The French group said yesterday it will give 20% of the 1,428,794 treasury shares it has accrued in a buyback programme to employees. The remaining shares were reallocated to the cancellation of shares as part of a share capital reduction plan.
Explaining the staff windfall, Remy said it was because of “the absence of acquisition projects in the foreseeable future funded by existing shares”.
Remy paid GBP58m (US$90.3m) for Scotch whisky maker Bruichladdich in September last year.
I'm calling it, people. Today is the day that I feel confident enough to conclude that the China 'crisis' is not a blip....
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during December 2013....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global wine market during December 2013....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest...
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review