FRANCE: Remy Cointreau hands staff share windfall in M&A "absence"
Remy Cointreau sees no acquisitions on the horizon
The French group said yesterday it will give 20% of the 1,428,794 treasury shares it has accrued in a buyback programme to employees. The remaining shares were reallocated to the cancellation of shares as part of a share capital reduction plan.
Explaining the staff windfall, Remy said it was because of “the absence of acquisition projects in the foreseeable future funded by existing shares”.
Remy paid GBP58m (US$90.3m) for Scotch whisky maker Bruichladdich in September last year.
I'm calling it, people. Today is the day that I feel confident enough to conclude that the China 'crisis' is not a blip....
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during December 2013....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global wine market during December 2013....
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report