FRANCE: Remy Cointreau H1 figures, profits slide
Remy Cointreau has today posted a drop in H1 net profit despite one-off gains from asset sales in the period. The French drinks maker posted a drop in net profit for the six months to the end of September of 18% to €35.4m (US$43.3m) from €43.1m year-on-year.
Remy, whose most well-known brands are Remy Martin Cognac and Cointreau liquer, blamed the dollar's weakness and a drop in travel due to war in Iraq and the outbreak of SARS. Over a third of Remy's sales occur in the Americas and the euro's strength has hit the company hard.
The company booked €11.3m in one-off asset sales during the six-month period. The earnings were also below the €43.7m forecast by analysts. Remy's first-half revenue dropped by 13% to €414.7m.
Remy did not make any profit from one-off items in the first half of 2002, so the drop in earnings was steeper than figures suggest.
The company plans to cut costs, raise prices and boost its promotional activity in the hope that it can return to organic growth in profit in the second half.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Remy Cointreau is looking to restructure its Champagne business, according to local reports....
Remy Cointreau has had its investor rating raised....
Remy Cointreau has posted a drop in full year net profit in spite of increasing revenues....
Remy Cointreau has signed a five-year credit facility for around €500m....
Remy Cointreau has gone to holders of one of its bonds to gain permission to complete the sale of its stake in Bols....
Remy Cointreau has posted a slight rise in revenue growth for fiscal year 2005....
The Polish unit of Remy Cointreau has pulled out of the race for a majority stake in Polmos Bialystok....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020