FRANCE: Remy Cointreau FY profits boosted by Asia
- Full-year net profits leap 57% to EUR110.8m (US$138.6m)
- Sales rise by 13% to EUR1.03bn (US$1.36bn)
- Operating profits up 24.4% to EUR207.7m (US$259.9m)
- Group points to "continued rapid growth in Asia"
Remy saw its profits boosted by its performance in Asia
The France-based firm said today (12 June) full-year group share of net profits leapt 57% to EUR110.8m (US$138.6m), in the year to the end of March. In April, the group reported sales rose over the year by 13% to EUR1.03bn (US$1.36bn).
Operating profits were up 24.4% to EUR207.7m (US$259.9m), it said today.
The group, which owns the Remy Martin Cognac and Mount Gay rum brands, said the performance reflected its "buoyant business activity worldwide".
In a statement, the company said: "All regions reported growth, with double-digit growth in Asia-Pacific and the US. Europe was driven by Western Europe and Russia."
It also pointed to an "excellent performance" by its cognac division - which accounts for over 50% of annual revenue - with a 23.1% rise in operating profit to EUR173m (US$216.6m).
Looking ahead, Remy Cointreau said it is "in a good position to continue to grow its brands" and will focus on "creating value with its brands". The firm will also "continue to rely on a policy of constant product innovation, while strengthening the efficiency of its distribution network."
To view the full announcement, click here
A new trade body representing spirits producers in Europe has been established following the merger of the European Spirits Organisation (CEPS) and the European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD). ...
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne