POLAND: Remy Cointreau drops from Bialystok race
The Polish unit of Remy Cointreau has pulled out of the race for a majority stake in Polmos Bialystok. Only three of the expected four offers for the 51% stake in the vodka company have been lodged, the Polish treasury ministry said today (19 April).
Final offers for the share of Bialystok came from US distributor Central European Distribution Company, Sobieski Dystrybucja, owned by French company Belvedere, and Polish rival spirits company Polmos Lublin.
As reported yesterday, the state intends to float a minority stake in Bialystok on the Warsaw Stock Exchange soon. The company is Poland's second largest vodka maker.
In a statement released yesterday, Polmos Lublin said: ""The offer represents a part of Polmos Lublin's strategy...aimed at the acquisition of other companies or brands and their further development in those market segments which are strategic for the company."
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Goldman Sachs has initiated coverage of Remy Cointreau....
Remy Cointreau is looking to restructure its Champagne business, according to local reports....
Remy Cointreau has had its investor rating raised....
Remy Cointreau has posted a drop in full year net profit in spite of increasing revenues....
Remy Cointreau has signed a five-year credit facility for around €500m....
Remy Cointreau has gone to holders of one of its bonds to gain permission to complete the sale of its stake in Bols....
Remy Cointreau has posted a slight rise in revenue growth for fiscal year 2005....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends