US: Remy Cointreau appoints CMO in US
Rémy Cointreau has appointed Mark Breene as senior vice president and chief marketing officer of its US business.
Breene replaces Philippe Roederer, who was SVP of marketing at the Cognac group's US business. For Breene, this role has changed to the title of SVP and CMO, a company spokesperson told just-drinks today (27 October).
Roederer, meanwhile, will move to the newly-created position of SVP for channel development, the spokesperson said. More details about the scope of this role will be released soon, he added.
Breene will lead marketing and branding efforts for Rémy in the US, with a particular focus on super-premium. There will be seven vice-presidents reporting directly to him. Prior to his new role, Breene spent 12 years working for Diageo and has managed several brands, such as Ketel One, Smirnoff and Jose Cuervo. Most recently, he was VP for rums at Diageo North America.
The spirits category is up next in this, the third part of just-drinks' first management briefing of 2012. Here, Spiros Malandrakis and Jeremy Cunnington, alcoholics drinks analysts at Euromonitor Int...
The first part of Chris Mercer's interview with Cecile Bonnefond, CEO of Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles' Champagne unit, ended with the Champagne veteran holding forth on the need ...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts