FRANCE: Regus founder acquires Provence wine estate
The founder and CEO of business property specialists Regus, Mark Dixon, has acquired the Château de Berne wine estate located between Lorgues and Flayosc, in the Var, in the heart of the Provence vineyards, for around EUR20m.
Owned by the Muddyman family, the estate, totalling 500 ha, has 80 ha under vines and also incorporates a luxury hotel.
It produces more than 400,000 bottles of AOC ¨Provence rosé, red and white wines a year.
"The estate's rosé wine in particular has enormous opportunity for growth as its popularity soars worldwide and wine-buyers continue to look to this region as the market leader in quality produce wine," he says.
The development of the estate is set to focus on extending the vineyards to around 100 ha and increasing annual output to between 500,000 and 600,000 bottles.
Inter Beaujolais has been moved to issue a statement in light of recent reports of illegal wine making practices in the French wine region....
The latest estimate on the 2007 French wine harvest by the Ministry of Agriculture, taken earlier this month, has put volumes at 47.1m hectolitres, down 11% on last year and below the average of the p...
Vignobles Lacombe has claimed that it will soon be the first producer in France to offer wines which are "climatically neutral" or "neutral for the climate", and which contribute to slowing down globa...
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review