Refresco Gerber adds new categories to Tesco tie-up
Refresco Gerber already supplies Tesco with juice drinks
Refresco Gerber UK is to extend production of its Tesco-branded beverages into energy drinks and flavoured water.
The company, which already supplies the UK supermarket with own-brand juices and juice drinks, said today it has signed a new agreement with Tesco. The deal will also see Refresco Gerber produce mixers and sports drinks under the Tesco brand.
The new beverages will be available in Tesco's UK branches, and in some Eastern Europe outlets, from January next year, a spokesperson for Refresco Gerber UK told just-drinks.
Refresco Gerber UK's commercial director, James Logan, said: "This new agreement provides us with an opportunity to diversify our production capabilities into different sectors of the soft drinks category. Using Refresco Gerber’s experience, gained in other markets across Europe, we will invest in new, healthy and clean production capabilities to deliver better products for Tesco’s customers."
In March, Refresco Gerber said it was to hold an IPO as a preferred method to create a "new capital structure" to fund growth plans.
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report