UK: Reformed Spirits drops Skyy in favour of Kindred Spirits in US
The Reformed Spirits Company has switched distributors for its Martin Miller's gin and Martin Miller's Westbourne Strength gin brands in the US.
The UK-based company said yesterday (4 December) that it was dropping Skyy Spirits in favour of Kindred Spirits in the country, because it felt that "the fast-growing, ultra-premium, award-winning brand required dedicated brand teams with a strong on-premise emphasis".
"At this stage in Martin Miller's development it was clear that the brand would benefit from the close attention and integrated sales and marketing push that Kindred is amply equipped to provide," said Martin Miller's gin co-founder David Bromige. "Skyy Spirits built incredible buzz around the brand and we now look forward to a new phase of growth with Kindred Spirits."
The change will take effect from 1 January, with Miami-based Kindred Spirits adding the brands to its existing portfolio, which includes Gran Duque de Alba Brandy and the Dry Sack Sherries from Spain. It also imports Malt Trust Single Barrel Cask Whiskies from Scotland.
Martin Miller's gin is small batch, pot-distilled in the UK and then transported to Iceland to be blended with Icelandic spring water.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine was the frontrunner to land Absolut vodka but was pipped at the post by Pernod Ricard. However, president and CEO Tom Flocco says the company has quickly put that disappoint...
Blavod Extreme Spirits has secured the intellectual property rights for the Blackwood's gin and vodka brands....
Gruppo Campari is launching Cutty Sark Blended Malt Scotch Whisky in select US markets through its Skyy Spirits unit....
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…...
Davide Campari-Milano has reported a healthy growth in its first quarter profits, despite a fall in revenues in the period, caused in part by currency fluctuations and the loss of the tequila 1800 dis...
Diageo's Smirnoff vodka brand has held the top spot in this year's Intangible Business 'Power 100' chart for the third year running....
Chivas Brothers, the Scotch whisky and gin business of Pernod Ricard, has today (13 May) announced the appointment of Euro RSCG to handle the global advertising for its Scotch whisky brand....
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair are products from Constellation, Diageo and Cocoa Farm. To keep track of all the LIWF news see our diary every day....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research