US: Reed's signs South Korea deal
Reed's enters South Korea
US soft drinks maker Reed's has signed a deal to launch its products in South Korea.
Reed's said yesterday (22 June) that it has signed a distribution agreement with a speciality gourmet food and drink business based in Seoul, the capital of South Korea.
The move will see "a few" of Reed's' handcrafted ginger ales and Sonoma Sparklers sold in the country, Reed's said.
"We are excited to enter the Asian market through a fast-growing distributor of upscale gourmet and natural premium branded foods and beverages to natural grocery markets, produce markets, and supermarkets in South Korea," said Chris Reed, founder, chairman and CEO of Reed's.
"This is a new and fascinating market for us as South Korean consumers are looking for premium products with natural and healthy ingredients such as are found in Reed’s and avoiding artificially flavoured beverages."
Neal Cohane, Reed’s senior VP of sales and marketing, said that Reed’s has been exploring new markets outside of the US.
On South Korea, he said: "The majority of the country’s food and beverages are imported, with overall imports to the country totaling US$323.1bn in 2009, and a rapidly growing market for organic products. This is an amazing opportunity for Reed’s all natural premium products.”
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts