US: Reed's readies Virgil's Real Cola for US
Reed's Inc. has lined up a cola addition to its drinks portfolio in the US.
The soft drinks company, whose range includes ginger brews and root beer and cream soda brands, said yesterday (4 March) that Virgil's Real Cola will be rolled out across the country starting from this month.
The cola drink is made with unbleached cane sugar, and contains flavourings including kola nut, vanilla and nutmeg. The product will be distributed through natural and speciality food stores, mainstream supermarkets and warehouse clubs such as Costco Wholesale Corp, the company said.
The cola will be offered in 12oz long-neck bottles and packaged as a four-pack in the country.
"We are excited to announce the launch of our Virgil's cola line which will enable us to broaden our target audience, expand our points of distribution and leverage and enhance the awareness of our leading Virgil's brand," said Christopher Reed, founder and CEO of Reed's.
"We see significant opportunity to leverage the strength of the Virgil's brand name within the natural foods and mainstream channels by introducing a cola product that reflects the premium quality of our root beer and cream soda beverages."
Late last year, Reed's posted a rise in operating loss for the quarter to the end of September. The loss, up to US$1.5m from $288,766 in the corresponding period a year earlier, came despite a 40% increase in sales to $3.9m from $2.8m.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research