US: Reed's pens Georgia distribution agreement
Savannah will undertake distribution of Reed's and Virgil's brands throughout Georgia
Reed's has signed a distribution agreement in the US with Georgia-based Savannah Distributing Co.
Savannah Distributing is a direct store delivery distributor of premium alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages with two locations in Georgia. Savannah will undertake distribution of Reed's namesake and Virgil's brands throughout the state for all direct-to-store retail channels, the US soft drinks producer said today (22 February).
This will be the first distribution agreement for the firm in Georgia, outside of natural foods.
"The new Savannah distribution partnership provides a significant link in the network build-out of mainstream direct store distribution in the south," said Reed's SV president of sales and marketing, Neal Cohane. "This team effort with Savannah provides Reed's the opportunity to tap into one of the highest per capita soft drink markets in the US."
Earlier this month, Reed's recorded a 96% increase in full-year sales for 2010, driven by a "strong" international performance.
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites