US: Reed’s gets Central Massachusetts presence
Reed's has signed a deal with Atlas Distributing for the distribution of its product line throughout Central Massachussetts in the US.
Financial details regarding the tie-up were not disclosed.
Reed's founder and CEO Christopher Reed said: "We look forward to utilising Atlas Distributing's significant regional expertise to increase Reed's brand awareness within an important metropolitan area that represents a population base in excess of 1m people."
Atlas Distributing's vice president of finance & operations Jack Lepore added: "Since our founding in 1933, Atlas Distributing has established a reputation for innovation within the beverage industry, as evidenced by our continued growth and expansion into new segments of the non-alcoholic beverage business. We are thrilled to add Reed's to our growing 'New Age' beverage product offering."
Atlas Distributing is a full-line beer and beverage distribution company serving licensed and non-licensed customers through supermarkets, convenience stores, delis and mass merchandisers throughout the Central Massachusetts market.
In November, the soft drinks producer posted a rise in operating loss for its third quarter. Operating loss for the three months to the end of September soared to US$1.5m from an operating loss of $288,766 in the corresponding period a year earlier.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research