US: Reed’s gets Central Massachusetts presence
Reed's has signed a deal with Atlas Distributing for the distribution of its product line throughout Central Massachussetts in the US.
Financial details regarding the tie-up were not disclosed.
Reed's founder and CEO Christopher Reed said: "We look forward to utilising Atlas Distributing's significant regional expertise to increase Reed's brand awareness within an important metropolitan area that represents a population base in excess of 1m people."
Atlas Distributing's vice president of finance & operations Jack Lepore added: "Since our founding in 1933, Atlas Distributing has established a reputation for innovation within the beverage industry, as evidenced by our continued growth and expansion into new segments of the non-alcoholic beverage business. We are thrilled to add Reed's to our growing 'New Age' beverage product offering."
Atlas Distributing is a full-line beer and beverage distribution company serving licensed and non-licensed customers through supermarkets, convenience stores, delis and mass merchandisers throughout the Central Massachusetts market.
In November, the soft drinks producer posted a rise in operating loss for its third quarter. Operating loss for the three months to the end of September soared to US$1.5m from an operating loss of $288,766 in the corresponding period a year earlier.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat