US: Reed's approaches full south-east coverage with South Carolina deal
Reed's natural soda range is almost all over the south-east of the US
Reed's has continued with its US expansion efforts, securing distribution in South Carolina.
Republic National Distribution Company will handle Reed's soft drinks brands in the state, the company said yesterday (19 June). The tie-up brings Reed's closer to achieving full presence in the south-east of the US.
Earlier this year, the company upped its presence in Michigan, by partnering with beer and wine wholesale beverage distributor Henry A Fox Sales & Distribution Co.
Reed's portfolio comprises sodas that are sold mainly in natural food stores. Its flagship brand is Original Ginger Brew, which is available in six flavours.
Reed's, Inc. Announces New Distribution Agreement in the South Carolina Market
LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - Jun 19, 2012)
Reeds Inc, maker of the top-selling sodas in natural food stores nationwide, announced today that it has reached a new distribution agreement with Republic National Distribution Company of South Carolina (RNDC), a leader in the South Carolina beverage distribution market, centrally headquartered in Columbia, SC.
Chris Reed, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Reed's Inc., commented, "We are excited about our new partnership in South Carolina with RNDC, and look forward to capitalizing on all opportunities, in all channels of business in South Carolina. Due to our disciplined distribution build-out plans, we are broadening the reach of Reed's and Virgil's brands to all corners of North America."
Neal Cohane, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Reed's Inc., stated, "This partnership gives us 100% coverage in South Carolina, bringing Reed's one step closer to having contiguous DSD coverage across the entire south-eastern United States. More importantly, this partnership closes a gap in our distribution, giving Reed's total store coverage with some very important, national and regional chain supermarkets.
“Having 100% chain-wide distribution coverage allows Reed's to develop stronger, more strategic sales and marketing promotions. RNDC has proven expertise in the non-alcoholic and new age beverage category and demonstrates they have exceptional relationships with retailers throughout their marketplace. The South Region team of Reed's, led by Eddie Pearson, continues to expand Reed's presence throughout the southern marketplace."
Original source: Reed's Inc
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research