US: Redux Beverages to launch Idiocracy film energy drink
Redux Beverages has announced an addition to its line of energy drinks based on the fictional drink from the cult film Idiocracy.
The company said today (27 November) that it has partnered with 20th Century Fox Films and OMNI Consumer Products to market the bright green drink, called Brawndo: The Thirst Mutilator, from the Mike Judge movie Idiocracy.
Brawndo is a lemon-lime beverage containing 200mg of caffeine, electrolytes, inositol and guarana, the company said.
Redux founder Jamey Kirby said: "Brawndo: The Thirst Mutilator is a perfect fit for the Redux brand of products which stand for quality and attitude. With Brawndo we have a product that we already know people want, and even those who don't know the movie will easily fall for its great taste and superior energising attributes."
Brawndo will be available in a yellow, 16 oz aluminium can citing the catchphrase from the movie: "It's got what plants crave!" and will roll out across the US in December.
Shares in the Dr Pepper Snapple Group officially begun trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday (7 May). Headlines accompanying the first few days of this newly-listed soft drinks group wer...
Global soft drink giant The Coca-Cola Company has announced it is to invest US$50m in the expansion and up-scaling of its bottling lines across Kenya....
Hansen Natural Corporation has announced record sales and profits for the first quarter, thanks largely to its Monster Energy and Java Monster soft drinks brands....
Energy drinks company Boo Koo Holdings has announced a net loss of US$2.5m for the first quarter of 2008 - $1.3m higher than the same period last year....
The Coca-Cola Co. has signed a letter of intent to acquire a number of water and energy drink brands in Denmark and Finland from regional bottling partner Carlsberg....
The 2008 UK Soft Drinks Report, published today (28 April) by the British Soft Drinks Association (BSDA), records that the market dipped slightly in 2007, registering a 0.8% fall to 14.21bn litres....
ForeverGreen Corp. has expanded the distribution of its ElectriFire energy drink to "several of its international markets" during the second quarter....
Enery drinks brand Blow has come under fire from US Rep Mary Bono-Black, who has branded founder Logan Gola a "scumbag" and claims the product glamourises drug use....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer