USA: Redhook Announces Share Repurchase Program
Redhook Ale Brewery, Incorporated (Nasdaq: HOOK) today announced that its Board of Directors has approved a stock repurchase program pursuant to which up to 500,000 shares, or approximately 6.5% of the outstanding shares, of its Common Stock may be acquired in the open market or in block transactions. Subject to price and market conditions, these purchases may be made from time-to-time and may be discontinued at any time management feels additional purchases are not warranted.Paul Shipman, President and CEO, noted that the Board decided to authorize this course of action after review of the Company's financial position and the current market for this Company Stock. "Under current market conditions, we do not believe the price at which our common stock has been recently trading reflects the true value of Redhook. Accordingly, we feel that the repurchase of common stock is a prudent investment for the Company."Redhook is one of the leading independent brewers of craft beers in the United States, and is the premier craft brewer in Washington State. The Company produces eight styles of beer, marketed under distinct brand names: its flagship brand Redhook ESB, Redhook India Pale Ale, Redhook Hefe-Weizen, Blackhook Porter, Double Black Stout, and its seasonal offerings Redhook Blonde Ale, Winterhook and Redhook Nut Brown Ale. Redhook owns and operates two technologically-advanced breweries, one in the Seattle suburb of Woodinville, Washington and the other in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The Fremont Brewery building in Seattle serves as Redhook's world headquarters and home of the landmark Trolleyman Pub. Redhook beer is available in 48 states. Visit the Company's Internet website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014