UK: Red Stag by Jim Beam gets fresh UK push
Red Stag is set for another push as it aims to appeal to 18-24 year-old drinkers
The UK arm of Maxxium has unveiled details of another push for Red Stag by Jim Beam in the country, with a GBP500,000 (US$786,285) media campaign aimed at 18- to 24-year-olds.
The four-month campaign, starting in August, will see the cherry-infused Bourbon partner with media firm Bauer. It will include advertising across radio, television, online and print, including Q and Kerrang magazines and marks the first anniversary of the brand's launch in the UK.
In the off-trade, a neck-hanger promotion will encourage consumers to enter competitions via social media, to win gig tickets and magazine subscriptions, said Maxxium, which is Beam Inc's UK distributor.
The campaign is part of Maxxium's wider Fresh Tracks initiative for Red Stag, a music-themed sampling exercise aimed at reaching 10,000 consumers over six weeks.
“Last year we recognised there was a big opportunity to introduce flavoured Bourbons designed to appeal to a younger adult audience, " said Maxxium UK's marketing controller for imported whiskies, Eileen Livingston.
"Through innovation such as Red Stag by Jim Beam and also the first to market and newly-launched Jim Beam Honey, we are inspiring consumers to try something new and recruiting them, not only into the Jim Beam portfolio, but also into the Bourbon category.”
Red Stag is currently listed in ASDA, Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Waverley TBS and Matthew Clark Wholesale, as well as more than 2,300 on-trade outlets across the UK, Maxxium said.
Hats off the Sunday Telegraph for breaking the story today (9 December) that Diageo has been sniffing around Beam Inc....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends