UK: Red Stag by Jim Beam gets fresh UK push
Red Stag is set for another push as it aims to appeal to 18-24 year-old drinkers
The UK arm of Maxxium has unveiled details of another push for Red Stag by Jim Beam in the country, with a GBP500,000 (US$786,285) media campaign aimed at 18- to 24-year-olds.
The four-month campaign, starting in August, will see the cherry-infused Bourbon partner with media firm Bauer. It will include advertising across radio, television, online and print, including Q and Kerrang magazines and marks the first anniversary of the brand's launch in the UK.
In the off-trade, a neck-hanger promotion will encourage consumers to enter competitions via social media, to win gig tickets and magazine subscriptions, said Maxxium, which is Beam Inc's UK distributor.
The campaign is part of Maxxium's wider Fresh Tracks initiative for Red Stag, a music-themed sampling exercise aimed at reaching 10,000 consumers over six weeks.
“Last year we recognised there was a big opportunity to introduce flavoured Bourbons designed to appeal to a younger adult audience, " said Maxxium UK's marketing controller for imported whiskies, Eileen Livingston.
"Through innovation such as Red Stag by Jim Beam and also the first to market and newly-launched Jim Beam Honey, we are inspiring consumers to try something new and recruiting them, not only into the Jim Beam portfolio, but also into the Bourbon category.”
Red Stag is currently listed in ASDA, Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Waverley TBS and Matthew Clark Wholesale, as well as more than 2,300 on-trade outlets across the UK, Maxxium said.
Hats off the Sunday Telegraph for breaking the story today (9 December) that Diageo has been sniffing around Beam Inc....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research